Thursday, September 25, 2014

Let Fall Begin.....





Courtesy: Ryan Bartz's Facebook Page


It's official, Fall has come to Southwest Minnesota. This past Monday, the Autumn Equinox started at 10:29 p.m. EST (9:29 p.m.CST) as the leaves on the trees started to change color, and the nights start get darker and the temperatures start to get cooler. According to Examiner.com, the very first day of fall starts when the Sun crosses the celestial equator. This also marks the fact that we can now see an equal amount of daylight and darkness every single day. 

When I think of fall, I tend to think of the outdoors and the leaves that turns many different colors such as orange, yellow, and red. My goal for the rest of this fall season is to exercise outside on very beautiful, sunny days to just take a break from school and just life in general.

To be honest with you, as a kid, I used to really enjoy fall a lot. From carving pumpkins on Halloween to playing on a puddle of leaves, this was when I enjoyed being a kid the most. Now that I'm a college student, I have growed out of those activities and now my favorites are walking around campus and attending football games. These two activities that I just mentioned are the ones that I will only get one more chance to do before I graduate from SMSU next summer. 

While I may have growed out of doing all the fun fall activities I did as a kid, but you know what, I still like to reminisce about what fall was like for me growing up and maybe one day, I will have to put all the challenges of being an adult aside and let the "little kid" in me come out.

As for this weekend (besides homework), I am planning to go out and do one of my favorite activities as an SMSU student: Supporting our SMSU Football team as they take on the Northern State Wolves. 

Until next time, Go MUSTANGS!!!


1 comment:

  1. I think I have had the opposite relationship with fall. I always liked it, but as I have grown older, I LOVE it. Fall means more comfortable temperatures and fun clothes and all things pumpkin and apple. I get to go back to school and see my friends. I haven't ever been much of a football fan though. Enjoy your last fall at SMSU.

    ReplyDelete