Monday, December 1, 2014

Let the Holiday Season BEGIN.......

The first thought that came to my mind while writing this is "Whoa, it is now the end of November and in just two days it will be December, where did the time go?" Well, this month has really flew by so fast that the tail-end of the semester is just around the corner, I'm really just thinking about what the holiday season is all about.

In my opinion, the holidays are a perfect time to get together with all of your loved ones and just enjoy their presence. For example, when I was at home last weekend for thanksgiving, I enjoyed seeing all of my dad's side of the family that I haven't seen for almost two months and they really helped me let loose and not stress out a lot for the next three weeks that I'm going to go through. Not only did I just enjoy people's company, but I literally laughed a lot and perhaps burn a few hundered calories last weekend by just laughing at myself and the jokes that I've said during the Thanksgiving dinner.
The Melby-Bartz Bunch-Courtesy of Pam Melby's Facebook Page


Not only is it just for family time, but it's also a time to give back to our communities. While the holidays can be an enjoyable time of the year,  there are still people out there that are struggling during this time of the year, whether if they are homeless or they are working two jobs to support theirselves. To overcome this problem, perhaps you can give back to the community and there are a wide variety of things you can do. Examples could be donating non-perishable food items to a food pantry, serving a meal at a soup kitchen, or you could gather a group of your friends and go christmas caroling at nursing homes in the community. These are just a few service opprtunities that will make you put a smile on someone's face this holiday season.

So for this time of the year, I challenge you all to make a difference in someone's life and like I mentioned above, do good this holiday season so that we can make this a better world to live in.

For myself, I want to wish everyone who has read this blog Happy Holidays and an (early) Happy New Year from the bottom of my heart.



1 comment:

  1. Ryan this post is wonderful. I feel the same as you. It doesn't take much effort to make a difference in somebody else's life. It takes only seconds to make a difference. I love the holiday season because it is a time to be thankful for all that we can be in life. Happy Holidays to you and your family, Ryan. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete