Friday, October 10, 2014

Not Your Average Guy

Everyone had a childhood dream growing up; From a journalist, to a nurse we all wanted to stand out in our own way and as we get older, we may pursue these childhood dreams or we may pursue something else.

When I was a kid growing up, I would sing, dance, and walk around my living room like I owned the place. My childhood dream was to be a pop star because I always love to express myself through music and I didn't care about what others thought about me.

While most of my peers were playing with Barbie's or playing with Hot Wheels, I had a passion of music as I was cranking up the CD player and singing and dancing to some of my favorite CD's. The first CD that I got was none other than the classic Britney Spears album "Baby One More Time." I would always listen to that album numerous times in my house and I would always listen to my favorite songs on the album more than the album itself. Some of my favorite songs from the album are "You Drive Me Crazy" "Born to Make Me Happy" "I Will Be There" and let's not forget "Baby One More Time." Why I loved these songs so much was my personality in general. My personality is a fun, vibrant, bubbly personality who can drive the ones that he cares about crazy ( not SO crazy but crazy enough that I always have my friends back).

I remember seeing her Disney Channel concert when I was a kid (yes Disney Channel did do concerts of many popular 90's groups) and she had so much stage presence, and energy that I would always try to copy her every move she made and that she always cared about her fans inside and out. For my 8th Birthday Cake, I had my Birthday Cake devoted to her because I was such a huge fan of her and I wanted to make my friends jealous. 

Not only did I not listen to her, but I also grew up listening to Christina Aguliera, N*SYNC, and the Backstreet Boys. These are and still will be my favorite singers/groups of the 90's.

As I got older, I sort of did listen to her much current music but wasn't really crazy about her in general. I still liked a few newer songs such as "Circus" "Till the World Ends" and "Work." As for what I wanted to do with my life, the pop star career wasn't going to happen and now I'm a college senior that still listen to her every now and then.

Like I said before, I wasn't your average kid growing up playing with Hot Wheels after school, I wanted to express myself in a positive way by acting like a popstar and not caring what the world thinks of me.

For Flashback Friday, I thought I would take you back to right around this time in 1998 when "Baby One More Time" first came onto the scene. Hope you enjoy:  

1 comment:

  1. Love this post Ryan. I think it is awesome that you didn't care what others think and still do to this day. I think a lot of people could learn from you in that way.

    ReplyDelete