If there is one thing in college that I get the most stress about are Midterms. Midterms is that certain point of the semester where all (or most) of your professors want to schedule any exams, projects, and papers either on the same week or day.
The reason why I struggle during that time of the semester is because I always feel like I have to focus on one subject at a time yet I always think what I have to do for another class, what I have to do for an club/organization I'm involved, or an event that I want to go to but can't due to midterms.
Probably the reason why I stress out so much is because I don't know how to de-stress myself from the hustle and bustle of school. What has worked for me in the past is to have a stress ball so everytime that I do stress out, I always have something in my hand to squeeze or touch. Other things that I have tried and worked out fine was stepping away from the computer and go out for a walk (or on the treadmill when the weather gets colder), watching TV, and listening to music via my iPhone, iPad, or the radio.
Although they have worked very well in the past, these are just the "bare minimum" ways on how to de-stress myself and I just need more ideas to de-stress myself when I do stress out the most.
So my question to you is: What are other ways to de-stress myself for when things get tough in my life? What's the best advice to handle stress for not just college but in the real world?
Any advice that you give would be very beneficial to me as well to me any other people reading this that are in the same boat as me.
No comments:
Post a Comment