You know that scene in Mean Girls when the Plastics tell Cady that she can eat lunch with them and then Karen reminds Cady that "On Wednesdays, we wear pink?" Yeah, I did just that but I wore black instead as the day after the election was a sad day for progressive liberals like myself.
The reason why I wore black that day was how I was influenced on Facebook when a friend of mine posted a selfie of himself wearing black saying that it's a "sad day of progress, social change, and "liberty and justice for all...."
Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in South Dakota that we elected a guy who is still under investigation under the FBI and a governor who is such a liar. It is so repulsive that it's a slap in my face.
Not only the republicans wanted to control the state so badly they are trying to corrupt Congress as well.
I'm tried of Republicans trying to say that they have the young people's best interest but they don't and I'm tried of them trying to say one thing and saying another and not being called out for what they have said.
But you know what, I'm not going to have a pity party anymore, instead I'm going to make a difference in whatever I can to help bring change to not just in South Dakota but in America as well.
As I am wearing my South Dakota EqualiT-Shirt today, I'm proud of the fact that there are now 32 U.S. states that support marriage equality and while we have a lot of work to do with this issue (i.e. getting South Dakota to recognize same-sex marriage), I can now say that Change is coming and in order for change to come, we (the people) have to make it happen.
So what are we waiting, let's start changing the world one step at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment