Friday, October 17, 2014

Embarassing Moments

As a millennial, have you ever had an embarassing moment happen to you? Well of course you have had this happened to you but how many times a week do those moments happen? The answer may surprise you.

In a national Wakefield survey of 1,000 adults, roughly 34 percent of millennials experience more than 3 uncomfortable social situations per week.

I am no stranger to embarassing moments but I'll tell you what I went through this past week:

I was getting out of one of my afternoon classes and when I was going down the stairs, I actually tripped all the way down to the stairs feet first (thank goodness) and no students or professors were around. I would most likely call this a "personal embarassing moment" because it was just me and only me that experienced it instead of other people in shock or worse comes to worse have pointing and laughing being thrown at me.

When this happened the next time, I had to use the railing (whether if I was going up or down the stairs) to make sure that I wasn't going to trip (and I haven't yet).

My best advice for handling those embarassing moments is to "live in the moment" because we only have one life to live and we all have one of those days where something embarassing really happens.

Another piece of advice is to laugh at all the embarassing moments that have had happen to you and let's not forget what Taylor Swift's philosophy in life is in three words: SHAKE IT OFF.






No comments:

Post a Comment